GRASS ISN'T ALWAYS GREENER
Because of its many environmental benefits, artificial turf is naturally a green product. Learn more about how the benefits outweigh natural grass.
- Saves millions of gallons of water annually
- Eliminates dangerous chemicals, fertilizers, and pesticides
- Eradicates the need for pollution - producing mowing machinery
- Provides support to the U.S. Green Building Council
LEED 2009 NEW CONSTRUCTION AND MAJOR RENOVATIONS
- We Credit 1.1 Water Efficient Landscaping: Reduce by 50%
- We Credit 1.2: Water Efficient Landscaping: No Potable Water Use or No Irrigation (1 Point in addition to WE Credit 1.1)
Materials & Resources
- MR Credit 5.1: Regional Materials: 10% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (1 point)
- MR Credit 5.2: Regional Materials: 20% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (1 point in addition to MR Credit 5.1)
INSTALLING SYNTHETIC TURF IS A POSITIVE MOVE FOR WATER CONSERVATION
Residential landscape irrigation is projected to use up to nearly 9 billion gallons of water daily.
In certain districts, outdoor water use can add up to 70 percent of Flagstaff residential property’s water consumption. Between 30,000 and 70,000 gallons of water each year is used to water a 1,000 square foot lawn.
AND IT WILL SAVE MONEY
For a 1,000 sq ft job, this can mean a savings of 70,000 gallons each year, or as much as $350 off the water bill, alone. Our residential lawn products are warrantied for 15 years, so over the life of the lawn, our customers save around $5,250 in water cost.
The normal cost of fertilizers and pesticides for residential areas in Flagstaff is $0.20 square foot per year. For a 1,000 square foot backyard, that leads to savings of $200 each year, or $3000 throughout the life of the lawn.
ELIMINATE WASTE AND TIME SPENT ON MAINTENANCE
The EPA believes that, on average, 33.2 million tons of yard trimmings were collected per year, the third-largest component of Municipal Solid Waste in landfills. The normal resident spends 150 hours per year keeping up the lawn. Synthetic grass eliminates that requirement.